BRICS BUSINESS COUNCIL MEETING, BRAZIL
... Our Prime Minister has accorded highest priority to usage of renewable sources of energy, delivery of services through the digital mode in rural areas, promoting electric vehicles and improving trade facilitation as part of the overall agenda for ease of doing business.
...in the current year we have seen a lot of emphasis being laid, and rightly so, on subjects like technology, innovation and the digital economy. All the BRICS have a reasonably well-developed digital ecosystem. However, if we compare with the more digitally mature economies like the UK, Singapore, Australia, the US, Japan, Canada, or Germany, the BRICS countries are yet to catch up with these advanced countries. This indicates the scope for further improvement.
... the BRICS economies should not miss this 4th industrial revolution driven by technology. This is the future and we must capitalise on it by strengthening our knowledge economy. Technology based solutions are important for facilitating business growth and for strengthening global supply chains by involving participation of small and medium enterprises. However, it is even more important for the overall socio-economic development, with a capability to improve the living standards of our people.
13th November 2019 – Brasilia
BRICS BUSINESS COUNCIL
The BRICS Business Council was established during the Fifth BRICS Summit held on 26th - 27th March 2013 in Durban, South Africa. The objective of creating the council was to constitute a platform which will:
- Promote and strengthen business, trade and investment ties amongst the business communities of the five BRICS countries;
- Ensure that there is regular dialogue between the business communities of the BRICS nations and the Governments of the BRICS countries; and
- Identify problems and bottlenecks to ensure greater economic, trade and investment ties amongst the BRICS countries and recommend solutions accordingly.
BRICS Business Council Working Groups
Nine working groups in the areas of Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Energy & Green Economy, Skills Development, Agribusiness, Deregulation, Regional Aviation and Digital Economy have been formed under the aegis of the BRICS Business Council.
The main objectives of these Working Groups are to facilitate interaction amongst businesses with a view to better understand the market opportunities and build synergies based on their respective competitive strengths and to promote industrial development and job creation.Read More..
News & Announcements
- 19 November 2019BRICS on the ball?
- 16 November 2019Five-in-one: On BRICS summit
- 14 November 2019BRICS nations for common payment system to reduce dollar dependence: Russia